Pacific Blue Engineering, LLC is seeking a candidate to fill an Automation & Controls Engineer position. This exciting role entails a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to grow their technical skillset across a broad range of automation technology, work in a variety of industrial environments for numerous Fortune 500 companies, and develop industry-specific expertise. Pacific Blue Engineering’s culture encourages a strong work/life balance, providing a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work remotely.
- Design, develop, and commission PLC, HMI, and SCADA applications to meet specifications
- Manage automation project complete lifecycle
- Perform onsite programming and electrical troubleshooting service calls with existing automation equipment including; VFDs, Servo Drives, PLCs, HMIs, Sensors, Relays, Motors, etc.
- Commission automation systems onsite
- Comfortable working with a variety of automation hardware and software platforms
- Develop electrical Bill of Materials and appropriately size electrical components in a controls enclosure
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade legacy automation
- Create controls architectural layouts
- Interpret and redline electrical schematics
- Communicate to customers and team members in a timely and professional manner
- Write detailed service reports
Skillsets and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience programming
- Strong understanding and the ability to develop PLC & HMI applications
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, mark up, and modify electrical schematics in .pdf format
- Hands-on experience with low voltage (480V and below) electrical applications
- Experience with the following automation disciplines
- PLC Programming / HMI Development / Variable Frequency Drives / Motion Control / Industrial Networks / Sensors
- Ability to develop and grow strong customer relationships
- Consistently takes initiative and efficiently manages schedule
- Solid problem-solving skills and displays acts of resourcefulness
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Los Angeles / Riverside / San Bernardino / Orange / Ventura Counties
10% Domestic Travel / 65% Local Travel / 25% Remote
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!