Who we are
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high-quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur’s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. “Better Dairy. Better World.” www.agropur.com
The Automation Engineer is responsible for the plant-wide programming of automation and controls systems along with facilitating projects, assisting with troubleshooting, training technicians, and implementing new policies and procedures.
What this role is all about
We are looking for an Automation Engineer in Appleton,WI.
- Responsible for all aspects of HMI’s including modifying existing graphics, creating new graphics based on an existing library of blocks, alarms, trends, backing up and restoring HMI projects, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial PC’s and touchscreens.
- Configure and interface with many different types of field instruments with both Ethernet/IP and hardwired IO including VFDs, level sensors, flow meters, chart recorders, photo eye’s, temperature sensors, etc.
- Modify existing control panels and design new control panels as needed including AC and DC power distribution, fuses, breakers, terminal blocks, power supplies, etc. Must be able to conform to all appropriate electrical standards including NFPA 70E.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet networks as needed. Must have at least a basic understanding of IP addresses, netmasks, gateways, DNS, switches, routers, and cat5(e) wiring.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various communication networks, DH+, ControlNet, DeviceNet, IO Link, etc.
- Troubleshoot and modify existing PLC and HMI programs.
- Write new programs for PLCs, and HMIs.
- Program VFDs, sensors, networks, chart recorders, and miscellaneous devices.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications)
- Associate or Technical School Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- PLC/HMI and Drive programming knowledge required.
- Experience using CAD software required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experienced may be considered.
- Dairy and project management experience preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial, and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence, and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!