Key software engineer for automated machines and paper converting equipment. Responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the project software systems. This includes the control system electronics hardware, electro-mechanical interfaces, compliance to machine specifications, and compliance to applicable standards. Must be able to solve machine control problems through the application of program debugging principles to accomplish technical assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, configure, program, test, implement and/or manage PLC control systems and applications.
- Identify, solve/debug and report problems in the field of control and HMI (Human Machine Interface).
- Knowledge of production processes and automation technology.
- Works as a collaborative software engineering team member to develop design solutions for electromechanical machine control.
- Understanding of embedded controllers, embedded software using C, C++ languages.
- Confirms electrical systems and components’ capabilities and quality by designing testing plans.
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, end-users, comply with machine requirements and specifications.
- Troubleshooting equipment as required in-house and at customer facilities.
- Develop operation manuals and other pertinent documentation.
- Responsible for design, concept, and layout using Solid works Electrical and AutoCAD.
- Support prototype builds and releases products into production.
- Assists with the design, development, testing, and reports for new product development (NPD) projects.
- Participates in design projects, customized products, existing product maintenance, quality improvements, safety consultation, and cost reduction.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Controls/Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of related electrical engineering experience.
- PLC programming experience is a must (PLC systems such as Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, etc.).
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, electrical troubleshooting, and electrical design.
- Familiarity with the design and application of various sensor technologies.
- Self-motivated and innovative, yet an exceptional product development team player.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time (international and domestic).
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!