Careers at GENESYS
GENESYS believes in its people, and we’re committed to the team concept where everyone plays their part to the fullest, using their skills and talents where they’re needed, and constantly learning and growing to become an even bigger asset to us, and to themselves.
We want people who align with our Mission, Vision and Core Values. You should be a team player who needs to work hard and understands that a balanced life also means you should play just as hard. You want what you do to make a difference in the world. You might have years of work experience, or you might be passionately hungry to learn from the best and grow as a professional and as a person.
Like all positions within GENESYS, the Controls Engineer works to deliver value to our projects, by managing risk, increasing efficiency, removing obstacles, providing alternative methods, and improving communication between team members.
The Controls Engineer supports all aspects of GENESYS project delivery that relate to electrical and controls scope. They will be responsible for supervision and performance of tasks at controls shops, our fabrication shop, and customer sites. The controls engineer will assist GENESYS sales, project management, mechanical engineering, purchasing and fabrication as well as the rest of the controls department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Controls Engineer in the planning, prioritizing, and monitoring of electrical and controls work across GENESYS projects
- Assist with development and delivery of E&C training to other departments to improve communication and understanding
- Review electrical packages from controls subcontractors for quality, functionality, adherence to customer standards and applicable codes
- Assist GENESYS shop personnel with run-offs and testing of equipment as needed. Perform PLC and HMI programming for test systems to support runoffs where needed.
- Monitor, direct, and assist controls subcontractors at site in testing and troubleshooting of system startups.
- Assist in the development of company procedures, templates, and standards for electrical and controls work
- Perform electrical and controls design work as needed for GENESYS-executed E&C scope
- Maintain safe work practices for self and others
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or proven experience
- Willingness to travel to jobsites as required (25%)
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Rockwell and Siemens PLC systems
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Rockwell and Siemens VFDs and servo motors
- HMI development experience with an ability to efficiently convey information
- Robotic (FANUC) programming experience preferred
- Practiced in specification, installation, wiring, and troubleshooting of common industrial instrumentation
- Knowledgeable of related industry codes and standards (NEC, NFPA 70e, etc.)
- Ability to design various industrial communications networks and specify network equipment
- Proficient with EPLAN and/or AutoCAD electrical a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Commitment to personal and company-wide continuous improvement
- Focus on project quality and customer satisfaction
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!