THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Provide technical solutions to automation-related tasks including troubleshooting, determining root case, implementation of fix and documentation of solutions. Responsible for designing SOPs, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting automation equipment including logic controllers and HMI devices used in production equipment. Must have a broad range of knowledge and understanding of process machinery, electrical controls, as well as mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems essential to plant and production related equipment.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
Maintenance Tech B, is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, replacing and modifying all processing, packaging and facility equipment with optimal quality and efficiency. In addition, the incumbent possesses supervisory responsibilities and functions.
- Assists in the procurement of parts and planning of repairs
- Demonstrates 100% functionality in order to complete work orders as well as log corrective maintenance issues
- Able to perform most electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: PLC controls, AC&DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounds, interpret diagrams, and test equipment
- Read schematics, drawings and manuals to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service and cost goals; daily work activities should support achieving those goals
- Oversee or perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, routine adjustments and follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule
- Model professional workplace conduct and adherence to company policies such as the GMP compliance, attendance, punctuality, efficient and productive work habits and good personal hygiene
- Provide support to Process Improvement (PI) projects and participate on safety teams
- Serve as a resource to others in order to resolve mechanical issues
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Must possess strong level of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting skills (logic and control circuits) and emergency repair skills; ability to identify and repair problematic issues concerning all equipment and machinery, including finding innovative solutions to recurrent problems
- Ability to use multimeter and other measurable instruments
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting as well as promote team and cooperation
- Ability to analyze work requirements and plan accordingly.
- Ability to cross train other mechanics as well as production personnel
- Ability to work with single and three phase voltage
- Must be capable of reading/mechanical blueprints
- Ability to understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system; efficient with ratios, metric system and formulas
- Familiarity and preventive and reliability based maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls
- Food Processing Industry experience, not a must.
- 3 years Industrial Controls experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Must be able to take direction as well as ownership of given tasks
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Ability to accurately assess mechanical and electrical problems, make recommendations, communicate effectively and resolve issues quickly
- Must be able to walk, bend, stand and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 49 lbs.
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!