The Senior Automation Controls Engineer serves as a main point of contact for Rockwell Automation’s customers and serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Regional travel is required, up to 25%.
The ACE is responsible for effectively providing services to support the on-site installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Responsible for effectively providing services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Provides customer support through the performance of installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment. Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Travel will occur about 25% for this position and will regularly include day trips throughout the region/assigned territory and will have occasional overnight stays
- Overtime, on-call and weekends, as required
- A company vehicle will be provided
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel throughout the region/assigned territory, with flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends, as required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in the Lifesciences Industry
- Experience with Biopharmaceutical Processes
- GMP & Validation experience
- Experienced in PLC and HMI programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, RSView32 and/or FTView ME/SE, Networking: RIO, DH+, D-Net, and Ethernet Communication
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software
- Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
- PowerFlex products and applications
- Ethernet/IP, Stratix Switches
- Servo/Motion control
- Low Voltage PowerFlex Drives knowledge
- Medium Voltage Drives knowledge
- Experience with networks including EtherNet, ControlNet, and DeviceNet
- Application/Project experience utilizing Rockwell’s Advance Software Packages such as Historian, AssetCentre, VantagePoint, and Plant/Energy Matrix
- Experience in Virtual Machine computing and Thin Client technology
Don't forget to mention in your application:
"I found this great opportunity on SolisPLC.com"
This will help us add more controls & automation jobs for you!